[Ftcstudents] Tualatin Robotics Faculty Advisor

Hubbard, Jill jhubbard at ttsd.k12.or.us
Thu Sep 4 21:15:54 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Tualatin Robotics will be advised by a new faculty member this year.  We’re in the process of determining who that will be, so please be patient.
I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for the experience.

Students – thank you for the opportunity to connect with you outside the school day and learn more about who you are personally. I've always been impressed with your drive, ability, enthusiasm, and attitude.  The really amazing part of advising this program is getting the chance to see you grow in so many ways throughout the years.  I’ve been the most proud when I've seen you overcome obstacles or adversity by banding together as a team to positively support each other.  No matter what career you choose, that ability will serve you well in life.

Mentors – thank you for being so giving of your time, guiding teams through the design process, sharing your knowledge and expertise, being kind and patient, and helping students overcome barriers. Thanks for guiding with a steady hand but allowing students to drive the process.  Thanks for being a strong role model for students by modeling how to give back to the community in meaningful and lasting ways. I work with many STEM professionals contemplating mentoring, but few have your level of commitment to education. It makes a huge difference.

Have a great year and I’ll see you at competition!

Ms Hubbard

South Metro - Salem STEM Network Director
Tualatin High School Engineering and Computer Science Teacher
(503)431-5696
https://www.jillhubbard.com
http://twitter.com/jillhubbard