[Ftcstudents] Balloon Launch Tomorrow

Brandon Phillips brandonleonphillips at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:48:24 EDT 2012

REMINDER: Come join us tomorrow, October 12th for our balloon launch! *FRC
TEAM MEMBERS IT IS REQUIRED YOU SHOW UP! (Juniors and Seniors Unless
Specified)*
FTC Members (Freshmen and Sophomores) it is not required but very much
encouraged to come out and show support.
Launch time: 7AM Sharp (be there at least 15 minutes before launch time!) If
you come early enough, you might event get some free donuts and coffee!

Tualatin High School and Portland State University are launching a high
altitude weather balloon to survey and image the earth. The Weather Balloon
will reach a projected altitude of 100,000 ft elevation and will take
hundreds of photos capturing the earths curvature, topography, and a
glimpse of the blackness of space from the outside of the stratosphere.

The balloon will take 2- 4 hours to reach its bursting altitude and will
take 20 minutes to reach the earth.

Want to track both the Chase vehicle and/or the Balloon?  Visit this
website: http://aprs.fi/ (*Will also work on phones*)
 Enter these codes:
                 KE7HVE-1 (Balloon)
                 KE7HVE-2 (Chase Vehicle)

Here are some great photos of what we are attempting to accomplish with
this launch!

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~lpsu/node/578
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~lpsu/image/tid/41

*See you there!*