[Ftcstudents] Reminder: Tualatin High School Balloon Launch, Tomorrow, Oct 12 EARLY!!!

Hubbard, Jill jhubbard at ttsd.k12.or.us
Thu Oct 11 23:31:35 EDT 2012

REMINDER: Come join us tomorrow, October 12th for our balloon launch!
Launch time: 7AM Sharp (be there at least 15 minutes before launch time!) If you come early enough, you might event get some free donuts and coffee!

Tualatin High School and Portland State University are launching a high altitude weather balloon to survey and image the earth. The Weather Balloon will reach a projected altitude of 100,000 ft elevation and will take hundreds of photos capturing the earths curvature, topography, and a glimpse of the blackness of space from the outside of the stratosphere.

The balloon will take 2- 4 hours to reach its bursting altitude and will take 20 minutes to reach the earth.

Want to track both the Chase vehicle and/or the Balloon?  Visit this website: http://aprs.fi/
 Enter these codes:
                 KE7HVE-1 (Balloon)
                 KE7HVE-2 (Chase Vehicle)

Here are some great photos of what we are attempting to accomplish with this launch!

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~lpsu/node/578
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~lpsu/image/tid/41

See you there!