[Ftcstudents] Boeing Portland Tour for FIRST Robotics Students Mentored by Boeing Employees/Retirees, 11/17/2012

Hubbard, Jill jhubbard at ttsd.k12.or.us
Sat Nov 3 14:00:53 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Boeing (Portland location) is offering a tour of their facilities for robotics team members on Saturday Nov 17 from 9AM-12PM.  They limit the number of students and mentors from each team. The first 5 students to reply by tomorrow night are in. I'll need your full name and birthdate.  They run a security check so all people must be US citizens or have a green card. There is more info below.

Mentors:  There are also 2 slots for you. Let me know id you're on of those by tomorrow night.

Thanks,
Ms Hubbard

Tualatin High School Engineering and Computer Science Teacher
(503)431-5696
https://www.jillhubbard.com
http://twitter.com/jillhubbard

Hello Coaches!

We're excited to inform you that we're offering your FRC team a tour of the Boeing Portland facility on Saturday, November 17, 2012 from 9am to 12pm.

The tour will consist of an engineering presentation, visits to manufacturing areas, and a Tech Prep program presentation.

To keep the tour to a reasonable size, we have to limit each team to 5 students, and 2 adults (preferably the coach and a team mentor). Boeing mentors will be in attendance if available in addition to the 2 adults from each team.

Site security requirements mandate that all tour attendees be US Persons (i.e.. a US citizen or a permanent resident alien (green card holder)).

Tour attendee legal names and dates of birth need to be submitted to me no later than November 2nd, so that Security has time to screen attendees and print temporary badges.
Photo ID (including their green card if applicable) is required to gain access to the site.
Please note:  Anyone showing up that hasn't been pre-screened will be turned away at the guard gate.

Everyone must wear shoes that have enclosed toes and heels. No sandals or flip flops will be allowed. Long pants are recommended.

Safety glasses are required for the factory portion of the tour. We ask that you and your students bring your own, if possible.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Krystina C. Johnson
Manufacturing Engineer
Boeing Portland