[Ftcstudents] FW: OMSI FTC Robotics QT Information for this 2/4/12
jhubbard at ttsd.k12.or.us
Wed Feb 1 02:03:27 EST 2012
Details about Sat below. READ IT
Tualatin High School Engineering and Computer Science Teacher
From: Marianne and Ted [mtkrupicka at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:43 PM
To: hunterd at hsd.k12.or.us; Hubbard, Jill; schmurrp at hsd.k12.or.us; kingsumchow at gmail.com; ahampshire at nwacademy.org; Esteban.diaz at TQS.com; tcbbiggs at yahoo.com; dheineck at lsprep.org; johncdelacy at comcast.net; annieangell at getgrapejuicy.com; Jeffmblackman at gmail.com
Subject: OMSI FTC Robotics QT Information for this 2/4/12
Hello OMSI QT teams!
We are looking forward to a great tournament at OMSI this Saturday. Below are some of the important "lessons learned" from the Tigard tournament on logistics and robot preparation and other information about the day.
GETTING THERE: The address for OMSI is 1945 Southeast Water Avenue, Portland, OR 97214
MAP TO OMSI: CLICK HERE<http://g.co/maps/u7qh9>
PARKING : Please use the parking areas designated for OMSI on the north and East side of the museum.
TEAM ENTRANCE: Teams should enter through the doors at the northwest corner of the museum next to the roll-up delivery door. These doors are next to the pit area and will allow you to unload easily. Your team members, coaches, and mentor will receive wrist bands that must be worn to get in the pits. These will also get you into the museum exhibits. Visitors should enter through the Planetarium Hallway when the museum opens at 9:30 AM. Visitors will need to purchase admission passes if they would like to get into the museum exhibit areas.
There will be 16 teams at OMSI checking in at 7:30 AM. Please have patience and be prepared.
* Have your SIGNED permissions forms<http://www.ortop.org/Documents/CT_2011-2012_Consent_and_Release_Form.pdf> with the team design notebook to drop off at check-in. Teams that competed at Tigard last weekend do not need to have new permission forms again unless you have a team member that was not at Tigard but will be at OMSI.
* Have ONLY the Coach and Team "Captain" come to registration desk immediately upon arrival.
* The rest of team should gather up robot and gear and find your pit table. Please do NOT crowd around the registration table.
* Make a copy of any metal "cut sheets" or "BOM" as design notebooks will not be available during inspection.
Perform an "inspection<http://www.ortop.org/Documents/FTC_2011_InspectionCheckList.pdf>" at home before coming to OMSI. Here are the common mistakes:
* Remember your power button should be easily accessible to the referee
* Inspectors are being extra watchful for sharp edges from "cut" metal... bring a metal file.
* Have a flag holder... a 4" axle mounted high up on your robot is perfect.
* Team numbers are 3" tall with 3/4" stroke
* Load "samostat" on Samantha
* the 18" cube can not "compress" parts of your robot... tywraps need to fit inside.
* Remember lunch/snacks or you can eat at the OMSI Cafeteria
Complete coaches letter and schedule are at <http://www.ortop.org/ftc/ctNews.htm> http://www.ortop.org/ftc/ctNews.htm. Please be sure to read the coaches letter completely.
We will have the practice field open from 5:00 to 6:30 on Friday night but there will be no pre-inspections.
We'll do our best... but 5PM is very likely the earliest we will finish on Saturday.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing you at 7:30 AM on Saturday!
Newberg 4586 “Tiger Team” Coach
More information about the Ftcstudents