[Frcmentors] FW: Engineering Internship Opportunity

Ellingson, David dellingson at ttsd.k12.or.us
Thu Jun 4 14:32:07 EDT 2015

If anyone is interested!

David J. Ellingson
Technology / Engineering / Mathematics
FRC Robotics Coach
Tualatin High School

(503) 431-5699
dellingson at ttsd.k12.or.us

From: David Mandrell <david at ktmresearch.com<mailto:david at ktmresearch.com>>
Date: Thursday, 4June, 2015 at 11:16
To: Teacher <dellingson at ttsd.k12.or.us<mailto:dellingson at ttsd.k12.or.us>>
Subject: Engineering Internship Opportunity

Hello David,

I'm David Mandrell, and I run a small engineering company.  I'm looking for an intern who's interested in part time (paid) work for the summer and possibly beyond if they are interested.  I was hoping you might know of someone who would be interested at Tualatin High School, or be able to make an announcement to your Robotics Club.

KTM Research is a small integration engineering firm located in Tualatin.  We design and build automated systems for manufacturing and research industries specializing in machine vision (although we do a lot more than just vision systems).  Our clients range from commercial products to manufacturing companies and medical research labs.  Our projects range from simple tools and fixtures to complicated inspection and assembly systems.

We are looking for potential candidates who are motivated self-starters.  An ideal candidate will be able to work independently in a loosely structured environment while learning new concepts and software packages quickly.  This is an opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real-world problems with the tools and resources used in industry.

Example duties include:
- Designing simple fixtures using SolidWorks
- Fabricating/assembling using aluminum extrusion
- Building/wiring electrical panels
- Documenting schematics for simple electrical and mechanical systems
- Machine vision model development for live manufacturing processes
- Editing images for medical research projects in Photoshop
- Working on general website content

Software we use:
- SolidWorks (CAD software)
- Microsoft Visual Sudio (C# and VB)
- Electra E7 (Electrical schematic software)
- Cognex In-Sight (Machine vision software)
- Halcon (Machine vision software)

If someone is interested in applying or has further questions, please have them send an email to david at ktmresearch.com<mailto:david at ktmresearch.com> describing their interests and highlighting experience with computer programming, electronics, and design/technology.  We ask that candidates be able to work part-time for at least 8 weeks out of the summer and have reliable transportation to/from work.

Thank you for your time,
David.
--
David Mandrell