[Frcleads] Meeting tomorrow

Ananda Arasu ananda.arasu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:36:06 EDT 2015

Hey guys,
I won't be able to be there but wanted to share some thoughts.
- Rethink our strategy.  Think about what we can do to the robot whether it
is to create some kind of built in ramp, a piston attached to the lower C
to raise a second Tote with the base in place as a guide, intake wheels ..
whatever.
- Autonomous grabbing the bin, then spin around and head towards landfill
totes and stop.  Possible?
- Let's not, whatever we do, factor the pvc ramp as a strategy.  That is
just too unpredictable, with one error, or tip of the ramp, and that feeder
station is hosed, as are we for that match
-  Strongly encourage looking at landfill and avoiding feeder station.  Too
many variables and dependencies, with needing to move the tote in place as
a ramp etc.  Plus, the side we are usually on (right) seems to give us
limited mobility, and we have to able to move freely back and forth to load
our totes.
- Teamwork.  We need to have scouts talking to other teams, regardless of
whether we are going to be placed top 8 or not.  We also need to have
anyone not working on the bot during competition, in the stands
actually *watching
matches.*  Making note of strategy of other teams, strengths etc, so if our
team needs info on how some other teams are doing, they can get it from
their teammates.  Robot may be built well, but it's only watching teams in
action where we can see how well they drive, cooperate, help etc.
Be Strong - let's *focus *our efforts on Philomath.  Many teams we faced
before won't be there, as Wilsonville was their second match.  Let's get a
good strategy going, and go kick some butt!

Sorry for the long email ... just wanted to share my thoughts.

​Ananda​

--
Ananda Arasu
Telephone: 503.985.6607