We are using WordPress as our Content Management System (CMS) because it is the most popular CMS in the world. The following plug-ins were used:
- Blog in Blog – Our Home Page has news in the right column from posts.
- Akismet – Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and track-back spam.
- Configure SMTP – Configure SMTP mailing in WordPress, including support for sending e-mail via SSL/TLS (such as GMail).
- Google Calendar Widget – This plug-in adds a sidebar widget containing an agenda from a Google Calendar.
- Page Link To – Allows you to point WordPress pages or posts to a URL of your choosing. Good for setting up navigational links to non-WP sections of your site or to off-site resources.
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam – This prevents spam from automated bots.
- Contacts 7– Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
- Custom Post Widget – Show the content of a custom post of the type ‘content_block’ in a widget. We used this for “Our Teams” and “Sponsors” in the left sidebar of every page.
- MCE Table Buttons – Add buttons for table editing to the WordPress WYSIWYG editor with this very light weight plug-in.
- Cyclone Slider Pro – A slideshow plugin for WordPress.
- Smart Slider 2 – A slideshow plugin for WordPress.
- Wp Super Snow – Makes sure our website stays snowy during the winter.
Web Design Team Members
- Tyler F.